DJ&A is committed to supporting the academic success of our country’s future engineers, surveyors, GIS professionals, landscape architects, and environmental scientists, especially women and minority-status students who continue to be underrepresented in our industry.
Our Diversity Scholarship is back for the 2023-2024 academic year. This annual scholarship program is aimed at ensuring that the perspectives of women and minority-status individuals are included in the future of our industry.
We will award scholarships from $1,000 to $5,000 in support of education costs for qualified women and minority-status students who are pursuing or intend to pursue a degree in our firm’s areas of practice, including engineering, surveying, GIS, landscape architecture, and environmental sciences.
We are currently accepting applications for students who meet our eligibility requirements.
- Woman or minority as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Program
- Must be currently enrolled or plan to pursue a degree in a program providing education in a field DJ&A currently employs. These fields may change as DJ&A continues to expand its reach as a company. Currently these fields include: civil and structural engineering, surveying, GIS, landscape architecture, and environmental sciences.
- Preference given to residents of OR students enrolled in a program in one of the following U.S. States: Montana, Washington, Colorado, or South Dakota.
How to Apply
- Complete the Diversity Scholarship Application form
- Submit two personal essays responding to the application questions in the application form
- Include two personal references or reference letters
- Provide most recent transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Submit all application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Diversity Scholarship”
Deadline and Notification
- Applications are due no later than February 28, 2023
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview by March 31, 2023
- Recipients will be notified by April 20,2023 and scholarships will be distributed in the fall semester
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will share this opportunity with students in your community who share our excitement and commitment to building a better and more inclusive future.