The purpose of this project was to replace 10 trailers with permanent housing for seasonal National Park Service (NPS) employees working across Glacier National Park. The existing trailers, installed in the 1970’s, were located in the NPS housing compound at St. Mary in a floodplain and had exceeded their lifespan. Because of their location in a floodplain, it was not feasible to build permanent structures at St. Mary, so the National Park Service proposed that a 4-plex be built at Many Glacier and a 2-plex at East Glacier.
DJ&A provided project management over the architectural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical subconsultants to design a building to fit each site (Many Glacier and East Glacier). After collecting data from a site survey, a site plan was developed and possible locations for the facility were depicted. Upon approval of the building location, DJ&A prepared construction documents which included plans and specification for the structural engineering, parking area, sidewalks, utilities and utility connections to existing infrastructure, and grading/drainage around the building. A cost estimate was prepared in conformance with NPS criteria.
- Conducted topographic survey and utility location and geotechnical investigation
- Designed two new residences in historic district
- Designed utility connections from new buildings to existing utilities
- Designed plumbing and fire sprinkler systems to be drained each fall
- Delivered complete set of contract ready construction documents for each site
This project demonstrates DJ&A’s ability to effectively manage multidisciplinary teams to complete large projects. This team included architectural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical subconsultants.