Warren Wagon Road is located along the North Fork Payette River, north of McCall, ID. This road, which is owned and maintained by Valley County, was approved for FLAP funding in 2017 to improve safety and drainage, and minimize ongoing maintenance issues. The road is primarily used to access hiking, picnic sites, and other recreational opportunities along this scenic and historic corridor.
Key improvements to the roadway included construction of a frost-resistant pavement section, stabilization of shallow roadway embankment slides, reconstruction of a sharp curve and advance warning signs, replacement of obsolete guardrail, culvert design to improve drainage, and reconstruction of the road pavement section.
DJ&A completed project scoping, preliminary design, and final design for these improvements.
- Coordination of a project kick-off meeting with WFLHD and Valley County
- Preparation of a project scoping report
- Completion of forms and documentation to comply with county-specific permitting requirements, and coordinated with U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and the State of Idaho for necessary approvals
- Culvert assessment and design of four new culverts
- Erosion control design to mitigate slope erosion
- Development of traffic control plan
- Development of revegetation plan
- Identification of utility conflicts and relocation design
- Facilitation of stakeholder review with partner agencies (Valley County and USFS)
- Coordination of two public meetings
- Designed in compliance with Valley County standards
- Final design and development of the PS&E Package