DJ&A was tasked with completing a topographic survey for a 13.8-acre area along a waterline ROW outside Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Data from this survey will be used to assist NPS in designing erosion control structures to protect the waterline.
Crews began 4 miles west of White City, NM, and performed GNSS observations, utility locates, conventional survey mapping and digital photography of the waterline, air relief and drain valve vaults, pipes, arroyos, and erosion areas. Surveying was conducted both in NPS and private right of way.
This remote survey required the use of a UTV for areas inaccessible by vehicle. Crews exercised precautions around steep, rocky areas along the waterline ROW.
- Establishment of project control
- Placement of control survey monumentation
- Topographic survey
- Utility mapping
- Shots and sketches of underground water vaults
- Completion of AutoCAD mapping at 1-foot intervals completed in AutoCAD 2016
- Digital photography of site