DJ&A is committed to supporting the academic success of our country’s future engineers, surveyors, GIS professionals, landscape architects, and environmental scientists, especially women and minority-status students who continue to be underrepresented in our industry.
Today, we are thrilled to announce the launch of DJ&A’s Diversity Scholarship, an annual scholarship program aimed at ensuring that the perspectives of women and minority-status individuals are included in the future of our industry.
Beginning in 2021, we will award scholarships from $1,000 to $5,000 annually in support of education costs for qualified women and minority-status students who are pursuing or intend to pursue an undergraduate degree in our firm’s areas of practice, including engineering, surveying, GIS, landscape architecture, and environmental sciences.
- Woman or minority as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Program
- Must be currently enrolled or plan to enroll in an undergraduate program providing education in a field DJ&A currently employs. These fields may change as DJ&A continues to expand its reach as a company. Currently these fields include: civil engineering, surveying, GIS, landscape architecture, and environmental sciences.
- Preference given to residents of OR students enrolled in a program in one of the following U.S. States: Montana, Washington, Colorado, or South Dakota.
How to Apply
- Complete the Diversity Scholarship Application form (check our blog each fall for an announcement with a link to our application)
- Submit two personal essays responding to the application questions in the application form
- Include two personal references or reference letters
- Provide most recent transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Submit all application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Diversity Scholarship”
Deadline and Notification
- Applications are typically posted annually in the fall
- Applications are typically due in the February the following year
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview in the spring
- Recipients will be notified by April 15th for award during the following academic year
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will share this opportunity with students in your community who share our excitement and commitment to building a better and more inclusive future.