DJ&A is a multidisciplinary professional services consulting firm that delivers a diverse range of services to clients across the nation. Founded in 1973 by two former U.S. Forest Service employees who saw a need for a company that uniquely understood Forest Service projects, DJ&A has continued to grow and expand over the last 48 years by embracing the values of our founders. Today, we have a team of 80+ skilled professionals spanning across offices in Missoula, MT; Vancouver, WA; Lakewood, CO; and Sioux Falls, SD.
DJ&A is seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager with 12+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of leadership and supervision. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Design, Engineering, and Survey industry and, a strong understanding of the regional and local market drivers and trends. The successful candidate must also have experience and skills in strategic business development, client relationships, and driving sales with clients.
Primary Expectations, but not limited to:
- Manage and/or support teams in the design and delivery of infrastructure projects varying in size and complexity from conception to completion. Areas of expertise could be in civil engineering, surveying, environmental, planning or landscape architecture.
- Plan, lead, direct, and monitor all aspects of large projects with high degree of technical complexity.
- Undertake full responsibility for project delivery and integrate elements of project management throughout the project life cycle.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently and ensure project objectives are met, and delivery is achieved within the set time and budget.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality and agency requirements, specifications and standards are achieved.
- Manage the financial success of projects in conjunction with the Project Coordinator, Accounting Manager, and Group Leader.
- Establish and maintain client contacts on technical and project administration matters.
- Build and develop client relations and support marketing efforts, including leading pursuit of potential new projects.
- Implement QA/QC procedures.
Apply advanced knowledge to facilitate the completion of high quality, cost effective projects.
- Must have a passion for leadership, mentoring, and career development.
- Engage in recruiting and retention efforts to ensure DJ&A hires the best talent and supports processes that encourage staff longevity.
- Assist office manager in staff management, which may include conducting annual performance evaluations, workload leveling, staff solutions, training, and performance development.
- Supervise and mentor staff to support the growth and development of a growing office.
- Be accountable for staff performance and results.
- Assign and review work of staff, including technical documentation, drawings, and specifications.
- Provide technical guidance and training to staff.
- Participate in strategy development, strategic pursuit development, competitor analysis, and research for the market area and growth opportunities based on trends.
- Support business development activities through early client interaction, scope of work development, interviews, and on-going client relationships.
- Partner closely with the office manager and senior leadership team (SLT) on key growth initiatives and strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with existing federal agencies (FHWA, NPS, USFS, etc.)
- Serve as client manager for specific client relationships.
- Ensure client success and satisfaction.
- Manage and prepare strategic/key proposals, contracting and teaming negotiations, and establishing sustainable relationships with key consultants to support growth initiatives.
- Proposal development: In conjunction with the marketing coordinator, identify differentiators and win themes, lead pre-positioning activities, storyboarding, and ensure the proposal reflects the winning strategy. May need to write key message-intensive sections such as the cover letter or technical sections.
- May be asked to attend marketing/capture update calls, and ensure all assigned opportunities are kept current in tracking system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, results-oriented, and dynamic.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams.
- A well-developed network of private, municipal, state and/or federal clients in and A/E partners in western Oregon and Washington.
- Professional licensure in respective professional discipline (engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, planning, etc.).
- Twelve (12) years of related experience.
- Two (2) + years of leadership experience.
- An ability to travel to build teams and relationships.
- Proven ability to successfully develop client relationships and win work.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of a complex scope.
- Preferred 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Project experience with federal agencies (FHWA, NPS, USFS, etc.)
- Project experience with the States of Washington and Oregon.
- Project experience with City of Vancouver, Clark County, City of Portland, Multnomah County, etc.
Salary and Benefits:
$90,000 to $150,000 depending on experience.
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, long-term disability, performance bonuses, paid time off and ten paid holidays.
- Vancouver, WA
DJ&A is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here and Supplemental EEO notice here.
DJ&A is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.