DJ&A is a multidisciplinary professional services consulting firm that delivers a diverse range of services to clients across the nation. Specializing in Transportation Design, Survey & Mapping, Sustainability, Site Development and Utilities, Construction Inspection/Management, Geospatial Solutions, Terrestrial LiDAR, 3D Scanning, Structural Design, Project Management, Community Involvement, Right of Way, and Environmental Compliance, we perform work in some of the most beautiful locations, National Parks, and Federal Lands throughout the western United States!
Founded in 1973 by two former U.S. Forest Service employees who saw a need for a company that uniquely understood Forest Service projects, DJ&A has continued to grow and expand over the last 48 years by embracing the values of our founders. Today, we have a team of 80+ skilled professionals spanning across offices in Missoula, MT; Vancouver, WA; Lakewood, CO; and Sioux Falls, SD.
DJ&A is seeking is seeking a full-time Roadway Design Engineer with 5-15 years of relevant experience. The candidate must be a problem solver, capable of effective communication, and possess analytical and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be an industry professional that will have a broad base of civil engineering and road and highway design experience. You must be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the western U.S. You must also be team oriented and possess a desire to learn and grow with the company.
Primary Expectations, but not limited to:
- Develop and deliver engineering designs for Local, State, and Federal highway and transportation projects;
- Manage and/or support teams in the design and delivery of roadway infrastructure projects varying in size and complexity;
- Coordinate with project managers to establish contract scopes, schedules, and budgets;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality and agency requirements, specifications and standards are achieved;
- Direct engineering design and aid junior staff in troubleshooting complex design issues;
- Development of construction plan packages and oversight of plan production from preliminary design through PS&E;
- Provide assistance to our design team as required, which may include the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or similar programs;
- Performing detailed CAD design including roadway geometric design;
- Assisting in verifying code compliance, quality checks, and implement QA/QC procedures; and
- Coordinating civil engineering work with other disciplines and CAD designers
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Independent, self-motivated, results-oriented, and dynamic.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with geographically dispersed teams.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- CO, WA, OR, or MT professional engineering license or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Well versed in transportation design including AASHTO, MUTCD, NACTO, and State DOT Manuals
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation InRoads and/or OpenRoads
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Denver, CO approximate salary range: $66,000 – $104,000/year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits (Monthly medical premiums fully paid)
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) with Annual Company Deposit
- Roth and 401(k) Retirement Accounts
- Profit Sharing and Bonus Plan
- 9/80 Work Schedule
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Professional Registration Reimbursement/Licensure Reimbursement
- Professional Development Training
- Denver, CO
- Vancouver, WA
- Missoula, MT
- Helena, MT
DJ&A is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here and Supplemental EEO notice here.
DJ&A is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.