DJ&A is committed to supporting the academic success of our country’s future engineers, surveyors, GIS professionals, and environmental scientists, especially women and minority-status students who continue to be underrepresented in our industry.
Today, we are thrilled to announce the launch of DJ&A’s Diversity Scholarship, an annual scholarship program aimed at ensuring that the perspectives of women and minority-status individuals are included in the future of our industry.
Beginning in 2021, we will award scholarships from $1,000 to $5,000 annually in support of education costs for qualified women and minority-status students who are pursuing or intend to pursue a degree in our firm’s areas of practice, including engineering, surveying, GIS, and environmental sciences.
We are currently accepting applications for students who meet our eligibility requirements and will announce our inaugural awardees in the spring of 2021.
- Woman or minority as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Program
- Must be currently enrolled or plan to enroll in a program providing education in a field DJ&A currently employs. These fields may change as DJ&A continues to expand its reach as a company. Currently these fields include: civil engineering, surveying, GIS, and environmental sciences.
- Preference given to residents of OR students enrolled in a program in one of the following U.S. States: Montana, Washington, Colorado, or South Dakota.
How to Apply
- Complete the Diversity Scholarship Application form
- Submit two personal essays responding to the application questions in the application form
- Include two personal references or reference letters
- Provide most recent transcript (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Submit all application materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Diversity Scholarship”
Deadline and Notification
- Applications are due no later than February 15th
- Finalists will be contacted for an interview by March 15th
- Recipients will be notified by April 15th
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you will share this opportunity with students in your community who share our excitement and commitment to building a better and more inclusive future.