Founded in 1973, DJ&A is a multidisciplinary engineering, surveying, and planning small business with offices in Missoula, MT, Vancouver, WA, and Lakewood, CO. Our team of 50+ professionals works across the country to deliver a diverse range of projects for federal, local, and private clientele.
DJ&A is seeking a survey crew chief with 2-5 years experience to coordinate the activities of a field survey party; perform the most technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties; and perform other duties as required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the effective performance, training, and safety of all members of a field survey party
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience and AA in surveying or related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
- Minimum of 2-5 years working in the Public Land Survey System (PLSS)
- Strong computer skills
- Willingness to travel
- Possess knowledge of land surveying principles and practices including boundary determination, legal descriptions, construction, topographic surveying, and GIS
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques
- Use of the following survey instruments and software: Leica & Trimble Total Stations, TDS or Spectra Precision Survey Pro Data Collectors, Trimble RTK and Static GPS, Trimble Access Data Collectors, Trimble Business Center, UAV operation with imagery or LiDAR, Leica High Definition Laser Scanners, Leica Cyclone software, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and MicroSoft Office products
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, long-term disability, performance bonuses, paid time off and ten paid holidays
- Missoula, MT, or Vancouver, WA
To apply, please submit a cover letter with resume addressing qualifications, requirements, and references to email@example.com or by mail to: DJ&A, P.C. 3203 South Russell Street – Missoula, MT 59801-8591
DJ&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.