Founded in 1973, DJ&A is a multidisciplinary engineering, surveying, and planning small business with offices in Missoula, MT, Vancouver, WA, and Lakewood, CO. Our team of 50+ professionals works across the country to deliver a diverse range of projects for federal, local, and private clientele.
DJ&A is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with 5+ years of relevant PLSS experience to take a leadership role in the surveying department at our Vancouver, WA office. DJ&A opened this office in 2016 and has multiple large and well-established federal clients. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious surveyor with strong leadership qualities and will be well compensated.
The ideal candidate has the ability and interest to both deliver surveying projects and to help grow the surveying division in Vancouver. This person will be well supported by a surveying staff including an LSI Technician in Vancouver and 4 PLS’s in the Missoula Office. Additional support staff in the Vancouver office will grow according to need.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to survey crews and other survey staff members
- Provide Quality Control of work performed
- Construction staking, ALTA surveys, plats, deeds, legal descriptions, research, etc.
- Be familiar with survey technology and skills, including PLSS, GPS principles, robotic total stations, etc.
- Ability to manage clients and network within the community
- Ability to manage projects, including budgets and schedules
- Physical ability to work in field and office setting
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles
- Strong work ethic
- High regard for the survey profession
- Desire to be a part of a growing company
- Use of the following survey instruments and software: Leica & Trimble Total Stations, TDS or Spectra Precision Survey Pro Data Collectors, Trimble RTK and Static GPS, Trimble Access Data Collectors, Trimble Business Center, UAV operation with imagery or LiDAR, Leica High Definition Laser Scanners, Leica Cyclone software, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and MicroSoft Office products
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Position is 40+ hours per week of combined office (70%) and field (30%) work. Field work will require the ability to walk on uneven terrain for up to 10 hours per day.
Salary and Benefits
- Strong working knowledge of the Pacific Northwest public and private sector markets
- Ability to identify and pursue new clients and project opportunities
- Vancouver, WA with some travel on an as needed basis
To apply, please submit a cover letter with resume addressing qualifications, requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: DJ&A, P.C. 3203 South Russell Street – Missoula, MT 59801-8591
DJ&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.