DJ&A is a multidisciplinary professional services consulting firm that delivers a diverse range of services to clients across the nation. Founded in 1973 by two former U.S. Forest Service employees who saw a need for a company that uniquely understood Forest Service projects, DJ&A has continued to grow and expand over the last 48 years by embracing the values of our founders. Today, we have a team of 80+ skilled professionals spanning across offices in Missoula, MT; Vancouver, WA; Lakewood, CO; and Sioux Falls, SD. Our work for clients such as the National Park Service, Federal Highway Administration, and the U.S. Forest Service allows us to contribute to meaningful projects in some of our nation’s most beautiful places, from Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula to Yosemite National Park in California.
DJ&A is seeking a full-time Transportation Project Manager with 10+ years of experience designing roadway projects for the Federal Highway Administration, Federal Land Highway Department, or State DOT’s. The candidate must be a problem solver, capable of effective communication, and possess analytical and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be an industry professional has a broad base of transportation engineering and design experience. You must be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects across the nation. You must also be team oriented and possess a desire to learn and grow with the company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver transportation engineering designs for local, state, and federal highway and transportation projects;
- Manage and/or support teams in the design and delivery of roadway infrastructure projects varying in size and complexity;
- Coordinate with the Transportation Group Leader to assure compliance with project scopes, schedules, and budgets;
- Support and help lead the growth of our Transportation Group;
- Lead, plan, direct, and monitor all aspects of large transportation projects with high degree of technical complexity;
- Manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams in a lead or supporting role;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality, and agency requirements, specifications and standards are achieved;
- Direct engineering design and aid junior staff in troubleshooting complex design issues;
- Develop construction plan packages and provide oversight of plan production from preliminary design through PS&E;
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, regulatory agencies, and sub-consultants;
- Coordinate staffing and workload through the entire project development to meet milestone deadlines;
- Manage the financial success of projects in conjunction with the Project Coordinator, Accounting Manager, and Group Leader.
- Review and approve project technical documentation, including drawings and specifications;
- Establish and maintain client contacts on technical and project administration matters;
- Establish client relations and support marketing efforts, including leading pursuits;
- Provide expert advice on design processes and/or construction methods;
- Participate in the development of new engineering methods and technologies;
- Lead or coordinate the preparation of project cost estimates;
- Assist Transportation Group Leader in staff management, which may include annual performance evaluations of staff, budget reviews and forecast, and staff utilization;
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and training to staff;
- Assign and review work of Group staff;
- Implement QA/QC procedures; and
- Maintain professional engineering registration.
- B.S. degree in civil engineering;
- P.E. license;
- Proficiency with MicroStation and GEOPAK/OpenRoads software;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills; and
- Strong drive to meet client expectations.
Salary and Benefits
- Estimated Salary Range: $75-110k (salary commensurate with experience and geographic location)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, long-term disability, performance bonuses, paid time off and ten paid holidays.
- Lakewood, CO; Missoula, MT; or Vancouver, WA
To apply, please submit a cover letter with resume addressing qualifications, requirements, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: DJ&A, P.C. 2000 Maple Street Missoula, MT 59808
DJ&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.