DJ&A is a multidisciplinary professional services consulting firm that delivers a diverse range of services to clients across the nation. Founded in 1973 by two former U.S. Forest Service employees who saw a need for a company that uniquely understood Forest Service projects, DJ&A has continued to grow and expand over the last 48 years by embracing the values of our founders. Today, we have a team of 80+ skilled professionals spanning across offices in Missoula, MT; Vancouver, WA; Lakewood, CO; and Sioux Falls, SD. Our work for clients such as the National Park Service, Federal Highway Administration, and the U.S. Forest Service allows us to contribute to meaningful projects in some of our nation’s most beautiful places, from Alaska’s Kenai Peninsula to Yosemite National Park in California.
DJ&A is seeking is seeking a full-time roadway engineer with 5-15 years of relevant experience. The candidate must be a problem solver, capable of effective communication, and possess analytical and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be an industry professional that will have a broad base of civil engineering and road and highway design experience. You must be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in the western U.S. You must also be team oriented and possess a desire to learn and grow with our company.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver engineering designs for Local, State, and Federal highway and transportation projects;
- Manage and/or support teams in the design and delivery of roadway infrastructure projects varying in size and complexity;
- Coordinate with project managers to establish contract scopes, schedules, and budgets;
- Work with multidisciplinary teams in a leading or supporting role;
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, quality and agency requirements, specifications and standards are achieved;
- Direct engineering design and aid junior staff in troubleshooting complex design issues;
- Develop construction plan packages and oversight of plan production from preliminary design through PS&E;
- Provide assistance to our design team as required, which may include the use of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, or similar programs;
- Perform detailed CAD design including roadway geometric design;
- Assisting in verifying code compliance, quality checks, and implement QA/QC procedures;
- Coordinate civil engineering work with other disciplines and CAD designers; and
- Liaise with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory agencies.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- CO, WA, or MT professional engineering license or ability to obtain within 6 months;
- Well versed in transportation design including AASHTO, MUTCD, NACTO, and State DOT Manuals
- 10+ years of experience
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Proficiency with MicroStation InRoads and/or OpenRoads software
Salary and Benefits
- Estimated Salary Range: $65-85k (salary commensurate with experience)
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing, long-term disability, performance bonuses, paid time off and ten paid holidays