Founded in 1973, DJ&A is a multidisciplinary engineering, surveying, and planning small business with offices in Missoula, MT, Vancouver, WA, Lakewood, CO and a presence in Sioux Falls, SD. Our team of 50+ professionals works across the country to deliver a diverse range of projects for federal, local, and private clientele.
DJ&A is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) with 10+ years of relevant PLSS experience to take a leadership role in the surveying department from any of our locations. This position is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious surveyor with strong leadership qualities looking to advance their career, while working on a diverse and exciting array of clients and projects.
The ideal candidate has the ability and interest to both deliver surveying projects and to help develop and grow the DJ&A surveying department along with our staff of 5 PLS’s, survey technicians, draftsmen, GIS technicians and multiple survey field crew; all currently located in the Missoula and Vancouver Offices. Working with other staff in each of DJ&A’s offices will also be required.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide guidance, training and mentorship to survey crews and other survey staff members
- Work with clients and prepare cost estimating for projects and task orders
- Project management, invoicing and reporting
- Staff workload leveling
- Business Development with new and existing clients (Federal, State, and Municipalities)
- Provide Quality Control of work performed
- Construction staking, ALTA surveys, plats, deeds, legal descriptions, research, etc.
- It is expected this position will be 80-100% office based, with occasional field and research trips
- Use of the following survey instruments and software: Leica & Trimble Total Stations, TDS or Spectra Precision Survey Pro Data Collectors, Trimble RTK and Static GPS, Trimble Access Data Collectors, Trimble Business Center, UAV operation with imagery or LiDAR, Leica High Definition Laser Scanners, Leica Cyclone software, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, Open Roads and MicroSoft Office products
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and private sector markets
- Ability to identify and pursue new clients and project opportunities
- Use of the following survey instruments and software: Leica & Trimble Total Stations, TDS or Spectra Precision Survey Pro Data Collectors, Trimble RTK and Static GPS, Trimble Access Data Collectors, Trimble Business Center, UAV operation with imagery or LiDAR, Leica High Definition Laser Scanners, Leica Cyclone software, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation and MicroSoft Office products
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Position is 40+ hours per week of combined office (70%) and field (30%) work. Field work will require the ability to walk on uneven terrain for up to 10 hours per day.
Salary and Benefits
- Dependent on qualifications
- Employer paid family insurance plan
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employer paid disability insurance
- Employer paid Retirement plan
- Profit sharing plan
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid PTO
- Employer paid professional licensing, renewals and continuing education
- Missoula, MT, Vancouver, WA, Lakewood, CO or Sioux Falls, SD with some travel on an as needed basis
To apply, please submit a cover letter with resume addressing qualifications, requirements, and references to email@example.com or by mail to: DJ&A, P.C. 3203 South Russell Street – Missoula, MT 59801-8591
DJ&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls, please.